How To Select An Agent
Selecting a real estate agent to sell your home should be done with care. For most people, their home is their single most valuable asset. It is important to select an agent who you trust will represent your best interests and effectively market your home. Here are some basic questions you should ask an agent:
1. How long have they been licensed as a real estate agent? Experience is not always necessary but it can help avoid pitfalls and lead to a successful transaction.
2. Are they a full-time or part-time agent? Do they have another career? How and when can you expect to reach them? Availability and communication is essential when selling your property.
3. Have they recently listed or sold homes similar to yours? Choose an agent who is familiar with your marketplace and regularly sell property in your particular area.
4. Will they complete a comparative market analysis?
5. How do they intend to market your home?
6. Are they part of the local Multiple Listing Service? Multiple Listing Services are cooperative information networks of REALTORS® that provide descriptions of most of the houses for sale in a particular region.
7. What share of the commission will they offer a cooperating broker who finds the buyer?
Don't forget personality. Choose an agent that you can work with and who you believe will work hard for you.