5 Unique Ways to Enjoy November in Cable, WI
Summer is gone and fall is well underway, but that doesn’t mean the outdoor fun has to end! Autumn and the approaching holiday season bring with them a unique collection of adventures and events, from wine tastings to corn mazes to holiday shopping. Come explore the opportunities of fall in Cable, WI.
Visit a Local Orchard or Corn Maze
Make your Thanksgiving apple pie really fresh—when you pick your own apples! Bayfield County offers a wealth of local orchards to visit, many of which offer additional berries and produce in addition to their apples. Some might even have a local bakery!
There are also two corn mazes in Bayfield County, the Oulu Corn Maze and White River Ag Corn Maze.
Hit the Mountain Bike Trails
Sure, you can mountain bike all summer long, but this time of year the cool weather makes for a more temperate biking climate free of humidity and bugs. Plus, you will get to take a leaf tour through all the rich colors of the Chequamegon National Forest. So, find a CAMBA trail near your Cable home today!
Enjoy a Fall Event or Festival
November brings a wealth of local events and celebrations!
- Holidaze Wine Tasting: On November 12, enjoy wine tasting, food pairings, and fun holiday ideas at Lakewoods Resort.
- Benoit Community Center Dinner: Enjoy a delicious homemade dinner at the Benoit Community Center on November 13—pigs in a blanket, baked chicken, potatoes, vegetables, dessert, and beverages await!
- November Dance/Fall Sip N Shop/Wine Sale: Head to the Sawmill Saloon & Mooselips on November 19th and 20th to enjoy two days of local vendors, arts and crafts, a wine sale, and live music and dancing.
- Lakewoods Thanksgiving Dinner: It’s a true all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving buffet! On November 24, head to Lakewoods Resort for turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, and more.
- Holiday Shop Hop: From November 24 through December 12, there’s no place more festive than Bayfield. Marvel at the lights, the decor, and all the holiday cheer while you shop from local vendors.
Take a Horse Out on the Trails
Summer might be too hot for riding, but fall is absolutely the perfect time of year! Beautiful weather, colorful scenery, and plenty of designated horse trails to enjoy. Even if you don’t have your own horse, just head out to a local stable to take a riding lesson or book a guide to show you around the area.
Drive Through Northern Wisconsin to Admire the Leaves
Fall color tours are a favorite, and Northern Wisconsin has quite a few! There are plenty of paved and accessible roads far enough off the beaten path to provide a sense of seclusion and adventure—and breathtakingly unobstructed views! (And don’t forget that hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails like North Country Trail, CAMBA, and Birkie are also a great way to really get a chance to slow down and see the leaves up close!).
Come Explore Northern Wisconsin in Fall—or Any Time of Year
Visit in fall, visit in summer, visit in spring or winter; there’s an adventure awaiting any time you decide to come explore. So don’t wait any longer—come discover your Cable, WI vacation home today! Contact us to learn more about Cable, WI and buying a home in Northern Wisconsin.