Buying a Home in Cable, Hayward, and Northern WI
Reasons to Buy with a REALTOR®
Thinking of buying a vacation home in the Cable, WI area? You may have vacationed here many times before and think you know the area well enough to find and purchase your own home without the help of a REALTOR®. So… why buy with a REALTOR® anyway? Here’s what you need to know.
What is a REALTOR®?
All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® can properly be called “REALTORS®”. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on their business card or other marketing and sales literature.
As members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, these agents are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Still not convinced?
Here are eight reasons to buy your home with a REALTOR®:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power—that is, your financial reserves (money you have) plus your borrowing capacity (money you can get). If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders, like banks and mortgage companies, offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
3. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the perfect property for your needs is available but not actively advertised in the market. It will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
4. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, nearby recreation, etc.
There are two main things you'll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell? Your REALTOR® will help you answer both of these questions.
5. Your REALTOR® knows the area a lot better than you do. When buying a vacation home you’ve visited often, you may think you’re an expert in the area and know the best spot for a vacation home. You might be surprised; your REALTOR® could provide valuable insight into the resources, amenities, limitations, or downsides of certain areas that might not affect short-term vacation renters—but will definitely matter to homeowners.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
7. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® will assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports.
You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title company, or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
8. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
Thinking of Buying a Vacation Home or Investment Property in Cable, WI?
If you’re thinking of making a real estate investment in the Cable, WI or Bayfield County area of Northern Wisconsin, then it’s time to team up with McKinney Realty. As your certified local REALTOR®s, we have the resources, the knowledge, and the experience to ensure you find the right home in just the right location. Browse our available buyer resources, or give us a call today!